University of Worcester Physician Associate
This Physician Associate Master’s degree is open to those passionate about meeting the challenges of our modern healthcare sector.
We specially train our Physician Associate graduates to support doctors and medical teams in a demanding and fast-paced clinical environment. We will support you as you gain the clinical skills necessary for diagnosing illnesses, managing patients and providing high quality medical care.
We require applicants to be able and motivated, capable of sustaining the considerable effort required to complete this challenging course, and willing to be present for teaching sessions outside of traditional classroom hours.
If you meet the entry requirements set out here, you will be considered for interview.
- BSc in a Life or Health Science (list of relevant degrees) at 2:2 or above
- BSc/BEng/BA in physical science, engineering or social work at 2:2 or above. Plus the following two Open University Modules: SK277 – Human Biology; SK320 – Infectious disease and public health; S377 – Molecular and cell biology (with 50% in each module).
- Diploma of Higher Education in a healthcare profession (ODP, Adult Nursing, Paramedic) at 50% overall. Plus a minimum of two years experience in a professional role
In addition, all applicants are required to have GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 and above or equivalent (please contact us for a list of equivalents), alternatively, the University of Worcester offers an equivalence exam in each of these subjects.
Other essential criteria
- Demonstrated relevant work experience in healthcare or an allied health profession. The relevance of work experience will be assessed during the admissions process.
- Applicants will be required to submit a personal statement as part of the application.
- Two satisfactory references must support the application, both dated within the last year. One must be a recent academic reference and the other should be either a second academic reference or a relevant professional/employer reference. These can be sent after making the initial application.
- If English is not your first language, then you must have IELTS with a 7.5 in each element.
- Satisfactory health clearance and an agreement to undergo appropriate blood tests and immunisations against hepatitis B, MMR meningitis, TB and chicken pox.
- You will be required to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (formally a Criminal Records Bureau check).
- If you are or have been a member of a registered professional body please provide details with your application submission.
Please note: our UK Physician Associate qualification is not accepted outside of the UK. You will not be able to work outside of the UK with this qualification.
There are a limited number of places for international applicants to the course.
There is no funding available for international students and fees are greater than for UK/EU applicants.
As with UK/EU applicants, international applicants must meet the entry requirements above (please contact Admissions to check the suitability of your qualifications as equivalent to UK qualifications). If you are shortlisted, we will invite you to attend an online interview.
If English is not your first language, you will require an average IELTS score of 7.5 with no less than 7.5 in any band. You must provide evidence of your IELTS score with your application. We will reject incomplete applications without this evidence.
Book your place at an Open Day
Want to know why so many students love living and studying in Worcester?
Our open days are the perfect way to find out.