University of Westminster Tuition
The figures below reflect the cost of tuition fees only. If you are applying for a visa, you will need to show maintenance fees above and beyond the cost of tuition alone.
Study abroad tuition fee costs for 2017–18
|Programme||Year or semester undergraduate study abroad programme for international students: 3-module programme (60 UK credits)||Year or semester undergraduate study abroad programme for international students – 4-module programme (80 UK credits)||Undergraduate study abroad internship programme for international students||Undergraduate study abroad internship programme for students from the European Union||Undergraduate study abroad programme for students from the European Union – 3-module programme (60 UK credits)||Postgraduate semester study abroad programme|
|Semester 1 – starting September 2017||£6,671||£7,196||£6,671||£4,820||£4,820||£6,752|
|Semester 2 – starting January 2018||£6,671||£7,196||£6,671||£4,820||£4,820||£6,752|
Application feeIf you are applying directly to us (ie not through the international office at your university or college, or through a study abroad provider with whom we have an active partnership), you will be required to pay a non-refundable £200 application fee, which is deducted from your final tuition fee invoice.
What tuition fees include
- Standard tuition fees
- Membership of International Student House
- Subsidised access to University gym and recreation facilities (on payment of an additional fee)
- Orientation and welcome programme and some social events
- Access to dedicated study abroad services
- Access to student services such as counselling, careers advice and libraries
What tuition fees do not include
- Bank fees and exchange losses with conversion of foreign currency payments to GB sterling
- All printing and photocopying charges after free print allowances have been used
- Fees for inter-lending library and document delivery (IDD charge) for all undergraduate and taught postgraduate students
- Residential field trips
- Additional admission fees for classes requiring visits to museums, exhibitions or events, such as theatre trips
Study abroad programme accommodation costs 2017–18
|Hall of residence||Semester 1||Semester 2||Full academic year|
What accommodation costs include
- Rent for a standard sized room
- The cost of utilities
- Internet access
- Basic possessions insurance, which is included in the rent and is provided by Endsleigh. The insurance covers basic items such as PCs and laptops in your room. Visit the Endsleigh website to see what is covered in the insurance and to add any additional items to your insurance.
For information on how to apply for a place in one of our halls, visit our accommodation options for study abroad students page.
Please note: Semester 1 contract dates for housing end on the official end date of the semester. If you choose to live in University accommodation, please be aware that you will be liable to pay rent for the full contracted period.
How to pay your fees
If you are applying directly to us (ie not through a University of Westminster study abroad partner or approved study abroad provider), you are required to pay a non-refundable £200 application fee.
If you are accepted onto the programme and study the full programme with us (ie you do not withdraw from the programme), the application fee will be deducted from your final tuition fee invoice.
Download the instructions on paying your application fee (PDF).
You will need to make your tuition fee payment when you receive your acceptance email from us. The email will provide more details on payment. Please do not attempt to make any payments before you receive the payment instructions from us.
Payments may be made by bank transfer, credit card or online payment.
Download the instructions on paying your tuition fees (PDF).
If you are offered a place in University accommodation and accept the place, you will be given step-by-step instructions on how to pay. Please do not attempt to make any payments before you receive the payment instructions from us.
Withdrawal policySee our Withdrawal policy page for our:
- Tuition Fee Withdrawal Policy for Study Abroad Programmes (excluding Summer Schools)
- Accommodation Withdrawal and Refund Policy for all study abroad programmes (excluding London International Summer School)