University of Surrey Alumni
University of Surrey Alumni
Upon graduation, Surrey students become part of Forever Surrey, our network of more than 95,000 alumni across the globe.
Our alumni make a valuable contribution to international research, industry and the arts, and include leaders in a range of fields, from entrepreneurs and policy-makers to CEOs and Oscar award winners.
How our alumni help
Every year, a large number of alumni come back to campus to offer their support – from mentoring and offering placements to giving talks and running career workshops.
This is invaluable for our students, who gain unique industry insight, as well as advice, tips and guidance, which ultimately helps them make decisions about their future.
Some of our notable alumni
Chris graduated from the highly-regarded Music and Sound Recording (Tonmeister) course and has since achieved considerable success in the film industry.
He won an Oscar at the 2014 Academy Awards for his role as music editor and sound re-recording mixer for Gravity, along with the BAFTA for best sound.
Chris has collaborated with some of the best-known directors, including Sir Ridley Scott, Paul Greengrass and Sir Kenneth Branagh. He has also worked on movies such as Black Swan, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Thor.
BSc Hotel and Catering Management, 1984
Alison has enjoyed a successful 30 years in the hospitality industry and was appointed General Manager of the Waldorf Hilton in London last year.
She started her career at Trust House Forte Hotels as front-of-house manager, before joining Ladbroke Wembley Plaza, which then became part of the Hilton group.
Since then Alison has worked across numerous Hilton hotels culminating in being General Manager of Hilton Montreal Airport, Hilton London Kensington and Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.
BSc Electronic & Electrical Engineering, 1985
After graduating from Surrey, Mohan worked as design engineer with STC and spent the next eight years with different companies, including Hewlett Packard and Texas Instruments with whom he transferred to their Dallas officer in 1994.
He is now President and CEO of Semtech Corporation, a leading supplier of high-quality analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products, which has 31 offices worldwide in 14 different countries.
Explore our alumni website to discover more about what our graduates go on to achieve and how you can get involved.
When you graduate from the School of Economics you will become part of the ‘Forever Surrey’ Alumni Network.
As a graduate you are eligible for
- Membership of the University of Surrey Alumni LinkedIn group with nearly 5000 members across the world.
- Invites to alumni events and continuing professional development including talks and lectures, CPD, networking, social events and online video content.
- Membership of the University of Surrey Alumni Website where you can create a personal profile, search for old classmates, read and share alumni news and find out more about alumni benefits and events.
- Quarterly ‘Network Newsmail’ alumni email-newsletters from your School.
- Graduate access to careers support from the University of Surrey.
- Six-monthly ‘Forever Surrey’ alumni magazines.
- Free lifelong membership of the University of Surrey Library and Learning Centre.
- Special alumni membership rates Surrey Sports Park.
- Membership of the ‘Alumni Benefits’ club which offers codes and deals on a variety of high-street and online stores.
- Volunteering – We have a range of volunteering opportunities for alumni, including becoming an guest speaker, featuring in an alumni career profile article or video, helping as an ambassador at Open Days or becoming a mentor to support other students.
If you would like to talk to us about these opportunities, or to update your contact details on the Alumni Database please email the Faculty Alumni Relations Officer, Lucy Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.