University of Stirling Wening Participation

University of Stirling Logo

University of Stirling Wening Participation

Mature students and SWAP coursesMany of our mature students first study an access course before coming to university. The University of Stirling is a long-standing member of the Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP) and works across the East and West regions to support students throughout the application process. Applications from students on courses approved by SWAP East and SWAP West are warmly welcomed. Entry requirements differ depending on what degree you want to apply to and what course you are currently studying. You should consult the relevant SWAP progression routes documentation in consultation with your lecturer to find out more. Alternatively you could talk to our Widening Participation Manager who would be able to advise you on your options.

HNC and HND students

If you are currently studying a Higher National course (HN) then you have a number of options open to you. You may be able to apply for advanced entry into Year 2 or Year 3 of a degree course in a related discipline, or if you want to change direction or are interested in a professional qualification you could apply for Year 1 of a degree course. It all depends on what you want to study at university. The decision is yours, but we are here to help.

Information on whether you could apply for advanced entry can be found on our Articulation pages.

Other college courses

Whilst the SWAP course and HNC / HND courses are the main routes students use to access our degree studies it may be possible to apply from other courses, including BTEC courses and highers programmes. For more advice please get in touch