University of Oxford Dorms

University of Oxford Logo

University of Oxford Dorms

Colleges provide accommodation for all undergraduate students during their first year of study and for at least one other year of their course. Many colleges are also able to provide accommodation to graduate students.

As an undergraduate student, you can choose to move out of college and live with friends in student accommodation for some of your time studying at Oxford. For more information refer to Living Costs or look at individual college websites to see the accommodation offered by the different colleges.

The Graduate Accommodation Office lets and manages rooms, flats and houses in and around Oxford city centre, on sites owned by the University, to full-time graduate students. To find further information on graduate student properties, full contact details for the Graduate Accommodation Office team, and how to apply for accommodation, visit the Graduate Accommodation Office.

For help with accommodation information for visiting students, academics and staff members, visit the Studentpad website, hosted by the Graduate Accommodation Office, where a number of private landlords advertise for tenants associated with the University.

Private accommodation

Advertised on the Daily Info and in the University Gazette each Friday:


Residence means meeting minimum residence requirements (known as ‘statutory residence’) for most degrees and other qualifications.

Number of terms of residence

Place of residence