University of the Arts London Accommodation

Norwich University of The Arts LogoUniversity of the Arts London Accommodation

Norwich University of the Arts offers students a range of accommodation options to suit all requirements and budgets.

From the University’s high specification halls of residence at All Saints Green in central Norwich, to its budget-friendly halls at Beechcroft just a short bus ride from the campus, NUA students are extremely well catered for.

In University-managed accommodation, NUA complies with the Universities UK/Guild HE Code of Practice for the Management of Student Housing.

All Saints Green

High quality halls of residence.

All Saints Green Halls are new high quality halls of residence situated in the city centre, near the bus station and less than a 10 minute walk from the NUA campus. A total of 228 rooms are offered in self-contained cluster flats varying in size from 4 en suite bedrooms per communal kitchen and lounge up to 11 en suite study bedrooms. There are also some self-contained studios. Shared coin operated laundry facilities and secure bicycle parking are available.


Traditional halls of residence.

A more traditional halls of residence, Beechcroft is set in landscaped gardens just a short bus ride north of the University. Beechcroft provides a selection of rooms, some en suite and all with their own hand basin. The 12 bedrooms leading off each corridor share fully fitted kitchen, dining and bathroom facilities. The weekly rent includes all white goods, wifi, bicycle shelters and parking.

Private Accommodation

Norwich is one of the safest cities in the UK and has an abundance of high quality, affordable private accommodation close to the University.

Some students choose to rent a house privately in their first year. They enjoy the flexibility of choosing location and housemates. There is also more of a range in costs. Many students stay on for years in the same house so it begins to feel more like a home. If you choose private accommodation, the University will support you to make sure you find something suitable.

NUA holds a list of private landlords that is only available to NUA students and runs a ‘share list’ where you can find people to live with. There are also several NUA managed Facebook pages that will give you an opportunity to meet other students searching for houses or looking for housemates to fill one they have already found.

There is a good supply of reasonably priced accommodation in Norwich which includes rooms, flats and houses rented from private landlords/landladies, many of which have been registered with NUA for some time. Information regarding private accommodation is made available to all accepted students during the summer term.

The Student Support Team

The Student Support Team are happy to help students find rented accommodation in Norwich and the service offered includes:

  • Advice and Guidance at the University’s Open Days
  • Weekly updated list of house/flat share accommodation with other first year students
  • A ‘Living in the Community’ brochure
  • Help and advice on tenancy agreements, disputes and deposits, maintenance and repairs and approved agents and landlords.

Private accommodation costs

The average price for accommodation in the private sector is between £70 and £90 per week excluding bills and the utility bills (gas, electricity and water) usually amount to around £7.50 per week. It should be noted, however, that such accommodation has not been vetted by the University and any agreement made between the student and the landlord will be a private agreement.

How to find a property or room

You can search for accommodation in the student section of Rightmove or at, try local accommodation agencies in Norwich or contact other students on our Year One Facebook page.

Current students can also see a housing list of available properties on the NUA intranet where the landlords have approached us as they want NUA students to live in their accommodation. You can find this in the Student Support section of the intranet site. You will need your log in details to access this. Prospective students, with access to the pre-enrolment portal can also access this list on the pre-enrolment portal itself once it goes live each year.

Next steps

Once you have found a suitable property, you must come to some form of agreement with the landlord/landlady. A landlord/landlady may offer the prospective tenants individual contracts, i.e. each person has a tenancy agreement with only their own name on it, or a joint contract, where all the tenants’ names appear on one contract. Where tenants have individual agreements they are only responsible for their own rent and cannot, for example, be made liable for the rent of a fellow tenant who moves out.

Tenants who have a joint contract are ‘jointly and severally liable’. This means that each person is ultimately responsible for the whole rent and therefore if one person vacates the remaining tenants will be expected to make up the rent.

Before signing any agreement you should understand the clauses it contains. Be prepared to ask the landlord/landlady if you can take an agreement away to read it carefully before you sign it. Any reasonable landlord/landlady will be happy for you to do this. Remember, you are legally entitled to a copy of any contract you sign, so make sure that you are given one.

What is agreed when you sign the contract is of paramount importance. You could be evicted for breach of contract if you fail to abide by any of the clauses.


You may be asked to pay a damage deposit on any property that you have found. This is normal and part of almost every tenancy that you may undertake. This deposit must be held in recognised tenancy deposit scheme and your landlord must give you full details of this.

The deposit will be used to cover the cost of repairing any damages or other costs incurred by the landlord at the end of your tenancy. You can gain advice on negotiation at the end of the tenancy via this guide at

Accommodation queries

If you have any questions or wish to make an appointment with the Accommodation Officer please email