University of Buckingham Visa Office

university of buckingham logo

University of Buckingham Visa Office

University of Buckingham Visa Office

Student Visas

Please read the following questions and answers carefully. These should answer many of the questions you have about the student visa process. If you are applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa in the UK please see the list of Student Visa requirements and our step by step guidance on how to fill in a Tier 4 Online Application in the UK.

A useful resource is the UKCISA Student immigration: the basics page which includes information about the Tier 4 Online Application Form.

Please note that this information may be subject to change as and when Tier 4 policies are revised.

Is the University of Buckingham a Tier 4 licence holder?

What is a CAS?

What is a CAS number?

What is a CAS statement?

Do I need a CAS?

Can I apply for a Tier 4 General Student visa or extension without a CAS?

How can I get a CAS from the University of Buckingham for a new course?

What does “compliant bank statements” mean?

Can I use my parents’ bank account statements?

What are maintenance funds?

How much money is needed for living costs?

What changes in living costs came into place on 12 November 2015?

What are the living expenses requirements for dependants?

Do I need to pay for the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge?

Will my CAS be issued on University headed paper?

Will my CAS have information about how much I paid to the University for my tuition fees?

When and how can I apply for my Tier 4 visa?

What documents do I need to provide with my visa application?

Will the UKV&I test my English language ability?

What do I need to do if I believe there is a mistake on my CAS statement?

What if my passport is renewed before I apply for my visa?

Will I receive a new CAS if my original needs to be amended?

Can my CAS cover the MPhil and PhD stages of my programme?

What happens if I do not register by the latest start date?

I already have a Tier 4 visa for the University of Buckingham and I wish to study a new course, can I apply for a visa extension after I start a new course?

Can I use a CAS issued by another University to apply for a Tier 4 visa to study at the University of Buckingham?

I have a Tier 4 visa that was issued to study at another University. Can I use it to study at the University of Buckingham?

What happens if UKV&I changes its policy before I apply for my visa?

Helpful information on the conditions of your Tier 4 Student visa and your duties as a student

Travelling outside of the UK on a student visa


The University of Buckingham
Hunter Street
MK18 1EG
United Kingdom