University Of Bristol EdD
Doctorate in Education (EdD) programme stimulates and transforms students’ professional thinking and practice, whilst developing a deep understanding of how cutting edge academic research can tackle real-life professional issues.
Over 200 EdD students work in Bristol or Hong Kong as part of the Graduate School of Education.
What can the EdD programme offer me?
- Recognition of prior learning Masters qualification or equivalent,
- No requirement for a doctoral research proposal at application stage – this will be developed as part of the taught units,
- Two cutting edge research methods training units (60 D level credits), with the first UER unit held jointly with PhD students,
- Four world class up-to-date taught units on substantive education topics in Learning, leadership and policy (80 D level credits),
- High quality and regular supervision from academic experts in their areas to support a 45,000 word dissertation (300 D level credits),
- Membership of the South West Doctoral Training Centre and Bristol Doctoral College,
- Opportunities for teaching assistant positions (after starting the dissertation phase),
- Opportunities to contribute to organising research activities, doctoral support groups and to research centres and networks,
- Opportunities to contribute to GSOE governance via EdD student representation on GSOE committees,
We offer high quality supervision in a wide range of substantive and methodological areas across all education sectors.