Staffordshire University Postgraduate

Staffordshire University Logo

Staffordshire University Postgraduate

Staffordshire University Postgraduate

Click link below to visit

Get Your Postgraduate Edge – Staffordshire University

About Staffordshire University

We grow people who think and act for themselves. When we were founded in 1914, we set out to be modern, relevant and vocationally inspired and we still do.

Back then we challenged and pushed the mining and ceramics industries forward – now it’s anything from Computer Games Design to Forensic Science. What hasn’t changed is our vision and values; it’s just how we do things.

History

In 1901, industrialist Alfred Bolton acquired a 2-acre (8,100 m2) site on what is now College Road and in 1906 mining classes began there. In 1907, pottery classes followed, being transferred from Tunstall into temporary buildings, and in 1914 the building now known as the Cadman Building was officially opened as the Central School of Science and Technology by J. A. Pease, President of the Board of Education. A frieze over the entrance depicts potters and miners. In 2013, the Library Conference room in the Cadman building was renamed the Alfred Bolton room.

CONTACT US:

Staffordshire University
College Road
University Quarter
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire ST4 2DE

t: +44 (0)1782 294000