Queen’s University Belfast UK
Queen’s University Belfast (informally Queen’s or QUB) is a public research university in Belfast, Northern Ireland The university was chartered in 1845, and opened in 1849 as “Queen’s College, Belfast”, but has roots going back to 1810 and the Royal Belfast Academical Institution.
The university forms the focal point of the Queen’s Quarter area of the city, one of Belfast’s four cultural districts. It offers academic degrees at various levels and across a broad subject range, with over 300 degree programmes available. Its acting President and Vice-Chancellor is James McElnay, and its Chancellor is Thomas Moran.
Queen’s is a member of the Russell Group of leading research intensive universities, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the European University Association, Universities Ireland and Universities UK. The university is associated with two Nobel laureates and one Turing Award laureate.
Our mission is to educate and equip leaders to transform local and global businesses and societies.
Our vision is by the academic year 2020/21
To be a fully internationally engaged, recognised, and accredited management school, which increasingly interacts with and influences business and society.
As a University, Queen’s has five core values in terms of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation. These core values are respect, integrity, excellence, ambition and connected.
These values are at the heart of Queen’s Management School, and we seek to impart them to all who participate in the School’s activities. Our values have the helpful acronym ICARE.
- Integrity – leaders who hold themselves and others to account, and are mindful of their ethical, social and environmental responsibilities.
- Connected – leaders who play an active role in global society whilst embracing the unique history and culture of the region.
- Ambition – leaders who pursue personal development, face challenges and seek opportunities as a means to develop robust and dynamic business and society.
- Respect – leaders who act with humility, recognise personal contribution, and have the ability to inspire others as a means to create positive change in society.
- Excellence – leaders who will be known for the pursuit of excellence and will draw on the region’s rich industrial and entrepreneurial heritage to pursue cutting-edge solutions to business and societal problems.
Admissions and Access Service
Queen’s University Belfast
UK: 028 9097 3838
International: +44 28 9097 3838
UK: 028 9097 5151
International: +44 28 9097 5151
The Admissions and Access Service is located on Level 1, Lanyon North (see map). Normal hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.