Oxford Brookes University for Law
About the School of Law
We aim to provide you with the legal knowledge, intellectual rigour and practical legal skills you will need in today’s competitive graduate market. This will equip you for a range of professions, within the legal field and beyond.
Our staff publish world-class research which they use to inform the teaching that goes on in the School. We have a long record of excellence and innovation in teaching informed by both our student-centred ethos and our research. In the 2016 National Student Survey, 97% of our students found the course intellectually stimulating.
Why this course?
- Your learning will be underpinned by the latest thinking, cutting-edge research, and ‘real world’ legal input from our collaborations with the legal profession, governments, public and charitable sectors, and business
- Your qualification would be recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board.
- You will have a number of opportunities to boost employability: the annual Oxford Brookes Law Fair, numerous mooting and client interviewing competitions to hone skills in practice as well as our national award-winning pro bono scheme, all of which are open to all our students.
- The School is home to the Centre for Legal Research and Policy Studies, and School of Law professors and lecturers are active researchers, all involved in teaching many different areas of legal study.
- You will study in a truly international environment with students and staff from over 40 countries around the world.
- You will be offered the combination of required factors needed for Bar Council and Law Society entry with a wide range of related topics, to take into account your particular interests.