The Open University Validation Services
The Open University Validation Services, Through its Royal Charter, The Open University (OU) is able to validate the programmes of institutions that do not have their own degree awarding powers, or alternatively that wish to offer OU awards. This activity is managed by Open University Validation Partnerships (OUVP). Please use the links to the right for more information about institutional approval and programme validation by The OU.
About OU Validation
Facts and Figures
- OU Validation was established in 1992
- We have 31 partner institutions worldwide
- We validate almost 300 programmes
- Validated awards are of the same standard as other UK awards at the same level
- Over 40,000 students are currently studying on a programme validated by the OU
- Over 150,000 people have achieved an OU validated award to date
The Open University’s approach to Institutional Approval and Validation
Our approach is based on the following key elements:
- Establishing a partnership between The OU and the approved institution, in order to enable the institution to offer programmes leading to OU validated awards.
- Providing a supportive framework within which partner institutions take responsibility for the day-to-day quality assurance and management of their own academic programmes.
- Using groups of experts from academic institutions, the professions, the business community and other appropriate organisations to make peer judgements about the quality of institutions and the learning programmes that they offer.
For more information about institutional approval, programme validation and our formal enquiry process, please click on the links below
For registration & conferments (CNAA & validated awards)
Awards and Aftercare
1st Floor, Wilson B Block
The Open University
Tel: +44(0) 1908 332852
Fax: +44(0) 1908 332841