The Open University Milton Keynes East Campus
Walton Hall & East Campus
The Open University Milton Keynes East Campus, The Walton Hall Campus is approximately 111 acres (or 45 hectares) in size. The land and the Walton Hall Building was originally leased from Milton Keynes Development Corporation from 1 September 1969 but subsequently purchased by the University during the 1990’s.
The Walton Hall building is a late 17th Century manor house with medieval origins, which was extended in the 18th Century. The front section was added in 1830. It is a Grade II listed building.
East Campus is just over 7 acres (or almost 3 hectares) in size. It consists of three buildings constructed in 1991 as a speculative office development by Milton Keynes Development Corporation. It was subsequently let to De Montfort University and adapted to educational use. The University completed the freehold purchase in April 2003. It is now occupied by Academic Services.
There are on-site designated accessible car parking spaces, but a space can be reserved with prior notice via Estates-Liaison.
Unisex toilets with wheelchair access are available.
An assistive listening system is permanently installed in some meeting rooms.
Braille signage is available.
Seating is available for rest purposes.
There is level access in most areas.