The Open University of Hong Kong
The Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK, OpenU, Chinese: 香港公開大學) is a statutory university located in Ho Man Tin, Hong Kong. Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, the OUHK consists of four schools, namely the School of Arts and Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, School of Education and Languages, and the School of Science and Technology.
The OUHK is the only self-financing university set up by the Hong Kong Government. It began as a distance-learning-based university, but is now in effect two universities in one. It has started to offer full-time programmes since 2001 and has participated in Hong Kong’s centralised joint university admission system (JUPAS) since 2007. Currently, it has a headcount of more than 9,500 students on its full-time face-to-face programmes, occupying one-sixth of all undergraduate students in Hong Kong. The current president is Professor Yuk-Shan Wong.
Vision & Mission
The Open University of Hong Kong strives to be a leader among universities providing learning opportunities by open and flexible education, and to excel as a provider of higher education in general.
The mission of The Open University of Hong Kong is to make higher education available to all, principally through open and flexible learning.
In providing higher education, the University, as a self-financing, non-profit-making organization:
* believes that higher education should be available to all those aspiring to it, regardless of previous qualification, gender, or race;
* recognizes the importance of sustainable and affordable high–quality programmes and courses across disciplines and at a variety of levels to meet the needs of lifelong learners;
* commits itself to excellence in teaching, scholarship, research and public service;
* effectively uses information and communication technologies to support learning;
* appreciates the significance of adjusting its learning processes and procedures to meet the different needs of learners.
The Information Centre is located on the ground level near the main entrance of the OUHK campus. Our team of trained staff provides enquiry services to both walk-in students and visitors. They also handle incoming enquiries via phone, email and fax. Occasionally, they perform surveys and support student recruitment activities.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org / Telephone (852) 2711-2100 / Fax (852) 2715-0760