Northumbria University Design
- Northumbria’s School of Design was named one of Europe’s top design schools by US Business Week magazine and has an international reputation for innovation and creativity.
- Northumbria’s design programmes are delivered internationally, with partnerships including the BINUS-Northumbria School of Design in Indonesia and the Academy of Design in Sri Lanka
- Northumbria boasts an illustrious design alumni list including Sir Jonathan Ive (Senior Vice-President, Apple), Rob Law MBE (Founder, Trunki), Nicola Morgan (Designer, Lanvin, Paris) and Tim Brown (Chief Executive, IDEO).
- In 2015, our staff, students and graduates won over 70 national and international design and media awards, commendations and prizes.
- Partners include household names such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Microsoft, Mars, Dunhill, Mulberry, Samsung, Unilever, Phillips, Nike and Intel – to name a few.
- Northumbria was awarded £1.2m from the Arts and Humanities Research Council in 2013 and named a Centre for Doctoral Training in partnership with the University of Sunderland, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art and the National Glass Centre supporting work across arts and design.
- In 2013, Northumbria was selected as one of only five universities internationally that were invited to take part in the Orange International Student Design competition. Three prizes were awarded including the Design for All prize, which was awarded to Northumbria Fashion Communication student, Melissa Smith.
- Our Art and Design subjects are ranked 17th in the Sunday Times University Guide 2016.
Research is the life blood of a University and at Northumbria University we pride ourselves on research that makes a difference; research that has application and affects people’s lives.