Newman University Dugan Library
Newman University Dugan Library
Welcome to Dugan Library
Summer 2017 LIBRARY HOURS
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Library Reference Desk: 316-942-4291 x2107
Meet With a Librarian
Do you need help finding sources for your upcoming research paper but don’t know were to start? The Newman University library staff are here to help! Click the link below and fill out the form to schedule a meeting with one of our friendly librarians.
- Online Catalog – Find books, audio-visual materials and journal titles in the NU Library
Other Library Resources:
- Britannica Online (provided by the State Library of Kansas) Online encyclopedia with articles on a variety of topics. Also includes timelines, video clips, websites and much more.
- Mango Languages (provided by the State Library of Kansas) Are you interested in studying another language. Mango Languages provides guided tutorials and lessons. You don’t have to log in unless you want to track your progress. This is only available for students residing in Kansas.
- Learning Express (provided by the State Library of Kansas). Among many other things, this site has study guides for tests such as GRE, PRAXIS, etc. and tutorials on math, English, etc. for college students. If you are visiting LearningExpress Library for the first time, click the “Register” button. This is only available for students residing in Kansas.
- SAGE Stats (provided by the State Library of Kansas). Explore 17 different topic areas of statistics compiled from a wide array of resources about the United States. You are able to download charts, map images, link to the original source information and cite the source for your research project. This is only available for students residing in Kansas.
Dugan Library Newman University Guest Users Policy
If you wish to use the Newman University Library, you must have a Dugan Library guest card.
You have to present this card to check out materials or to use the computers.
To register for a card, you must show a valid photo ID and proof of current address (bank statement, utility bill, etc.).
Your card is good for two (2) years.
Please inform the library if your information has changed.
As a guest, you may have up to 3 items checked out at any one time. The loan period is 1 month. Items overdue more than 15 days will be assumed lost and borrowers will receive a bill for the replacement cost of a lost item. Additional materials may not be borrowed until all overdue items are returned and all fees are paid.
All materials checked to you are subject to recall when needed by an NU student or faculty member.
You MUST show an NU library guest card to use the computers.
You may use the library computers for searching the Library’s online catalog and subscription databases. Someone will help you find these.
The library computers are not intended for personal internet use (go to the public library).
You must use the computers in accordance with Newman University policies. Any violation may lead to loss of privilege.
If you have a laptop or other portable device, you may use the library’s wireless network. You still must show an NU library guest card for wireless network authentication.
The library guest card does not give you access to any of the campus buildings or computer labs.
Newman University Library reserves the right to limit or deny the use of materials or facilities to guest users who abuse their privileges.
Library Services for NU Faculty
Faculty LibGuide The guide is intended to provide links and other useful information for faculty while using Dugan Library resources.
Copyright Permission Form The library will get copyright permissions for materials you use in your classes.
To schedule your classes for library instruction, please call or email the Librarian at 2104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
On Campus and Off Campus
All of our online products have IP-based access. That means that if you are on campus, you can use these resources without an additional login.
These same resources can be used from off campus but you have to access them through the “Off Campus” link on the library web page. You will have to use your NU login.
More Articles …
Wichita, KS 67213-2097