Newcastle College Engineering
Study engineering part-time at Newcastle CollegeDelivered by the School of Construction, Engineering and Science at Newcastle College, we offer a variety of part-time engineering courses for adults. Whether you are preparing yourself for work, improving your skills and knowledge in a certain area, or need bringing up-to-date on the latest health and safety legislation we will have a course to suit your needs.
Our engineering courses are delivered either at our main Rye Hill campus or our Energy Academy in Wallsend. Facilities include:
- access to software such as Autocad, Inventor, Solidworks, Matlab, MathCAD, MultiSIM and AlphaCAM with 90 seats
- a Bridgeport 3-axis CNC milling machine, Hurco 5-axis CNC milling machine and Colchester CNC machining centre
- PLC laboratory with Siemens systems
- Dimensions 1200ES ABS 3D Printer
- an electronics laboratory
- workshop facilities including Harrison and Colchester lathes, horizontal and vertical milling, surface and cylindrical grinding, and a forge and heat treatment area.
- welding workshop with MIG, TIG & MMA welding and oxy-fuel cutting.