New College Durham Aat Level 4
New College Durham Aat Level 4
Level 4 AAT Single Unit
- Start date(s):
- 1 Aug 2017
- 15 weeks
- Level 4
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Daytime, Evening
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
- Currently unavailable
This course will enhance your skills in accounting so you are able to maximise opportunities in current or new employment.
You will develop professional accountancy and finance skills, such as how to draft out financial statements for limited companies, and the ability to analyse accounting systems.
The purpose of the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting is to enhance the skills developed from the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting, enabling students to maximise opportunities in their current or new employment. By studying for this qualification, students will acquire professional accountancy and finance skills that will be useful throughout their careers, including:
- Drafting financial statements for limited companies
- Knowledge and skills in complex management accounting techniques
- The ability to analyse accounting systems and their associated controls
- Knowledge and skills in specialist accountancy and finance subjects.
This qualification comprises four mandatory units and two specialist units selected from a choice of five options.
Mandatory units include:
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems and Controls.
Optional units include:
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- External Auditing
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Credit Management.
Average number of hours per week
Day and time of study will be confirmed before the start of your course.
Teaching & assessment
A variety of learning and teaching methods are employed throughout the programme, including:
- Academic tutorials
- Group work
- Individual guided learning
- Case studies
- Role plays
- Computer simulations
- The use of information technology.
The course is assessed with a formal examinations at the end of each module studied.
We have links with local organisations such as Beamish Museum, Durham County Council, Northumbrian Water, Auckland Castle, South Tyneside Homes and Gentoo. Our links provide industry based guest speakers and educational visits to give you a valuable insight into management in a wide range of business sectors.
Professional body registration:
Once qualified, students automatically become AAT affiliate members and, with relevant work experience, will qualify for full AAT membership, which will allow them to use the designatory letters MAAT after their name.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
The course fees do not include AAT membership, text books or any examinations needing to be re-taken following a failed first attempt.
You will be invited to attend an interview where you will be offered information, advice and guidance as to the single unit to be studied, including timetable and exam dates. You suitability to the course will be assessed at this stage.
The AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting qualification will suit those who:
- Have completed the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting and who would like to continue to build their accounting skills
- Are already working in finance and would like a formal recognition of their skills
- Would like to go on to become an AAT full member and/or study for chartered accountant status
- Would like to start their own business through the AAT-licensed member in practice (MIP) scheme.
We recommend that students begin their studies with a good standard of English and maths. If students do have any other relevant school or college qualifications, a degree or some accounting experience, these will be of immense help. They may in certain circumstances entitle students to claim exemptions.