Manchester Metropolitan University QS Ranking
|World University Rankings 2018||801-1000|
|World University Rankings 2017||701+|
|World University Rankings 2016||701+|
|World University Rankings 2015||701+|
|World University Rankings 2014||701+|
According to The Complete University Guide, MMU is ranked #62 out of 119 within the UK, based on overall rating, entry standards, research quality, and graduate prospects.
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings places it at #64 within the UK, and within #601-800 internationally.
As for research, MMU is ranked fourth within new universities attracting research funds from the Higher Education Funding Council for England, one of several institutions that fund higher education research programs. The university has eight research institutes:
- Dalton Research Institute (DRI)
- Education and Social Research Institute (ESRI)
- Healthcare Science Research Institute (HSRI)
- Institute of Humanities and Social Science Research (HSSR)
- Institute for Performance Research (IPR)
- Manchester Institute for Research and Innovation in Art and Design (MIRIAD)
- Research Institute for Business and Management (RIBM)
- Research Institute for Health and Social Change (RIHSC)
As a higher education institution, MMU admits applications from a broad range of UCAS tariff points, with an average of 343.7. It is the second most applied-to university in the UK, after the University of Manchester. Overall, the admitted student body is approximately 85% domestic, and 15% international. Composition of academic faculty staff is relatively similar as well, with 15% being international and 85% being domestic.