Manchester Metropolitan University Dorms

Manchester Metropolitan University LogoManchester Metropolitan University Dorms

Applying for accommodation at Manchester Metropolitan University is a relatively simple process – However be sure to check your eligibility and understand how you will apply for a room and secure a place at your chosen accommodation.

We offer a straightforward step-by-step guide to the application process and so please review this when making your application.

Your Eligibility

You will only be eligible to register for our accommodation provided you have:

  • Accepted firmly a conditional or unconditional offer on a full-time course for the academic year 2017/2018.  You can register your interest at Stage 1 from 10am Wednesday 1st March 2017.
  • If Manchester Met University is your insurance choice then you must wait until you have accepted the offer before you can register for our accommodation.
  • Students who are already studying on a full-time course at the University are able to register their interest from Thursday 23rd February 2017.  Registrations have now closed for Current Students.
    Please refer to Manchester Student Homes ( for information on available accommodation in the private sector.

How is accommodation allocated?

We try to ensure that accommodation places go to those who will get the most from the experience of living in a residential community of students. This is why we reserve the majority of places for first year students, though we also give priority to disabled students and students that live further than 5 miles from the University.

We do not group students on University course profile (e.g. student studying on the same course or faculty), or by academic building that students will be studying at or is closest to each accommodation. We will also offer options and availability for single sex accommodation, however, this may be limited and dependant on availability.

We offer an assurance for accommodation (whether University or private) to all students in their first year of study, including EU and overseas students, provided they:

  • Are coming to University alone
  • Will be studying for the full academic year
  • Have registered their details by 14th August 2017
  • Meet the eligibility criteria.

You can register your interest at any time of year and we will consider your registration subject to availability.

Accommodation Managed by Manchester Met

Accommodation that is managed by the University includes Birley (Dale, Dunham, Naylor, Vine and Warde), Briarfields, Booth, Cambridge, Daisy Bank, Needham Court, Oxford Court.

Partner and Private Accommodation

Partner accommodation is owned and managed by other providers but can be applied for through the Manchester Met application process. This includes Cavendish Place, New Medlock House, Liberty Central or Wilmslow Park.

Under 18’s

You must be 18 or over to enter into a contract for Manchester Met University accommodation. If you will be under 18 on or after the start of the contract you will not be eligible for our accommodation. However, help and advice is available from the Student Living team to direct you to alternatives.

Local Students

At the Manchester campus – we are unable to offer university accommodation places to students living within a 5-mile radius. Students who are not invited to apply for a room in our accommodation are eligible to register on the waiting list. To register on the waiting list, please contact the Student Living Office on at the beginning of the academic year.

Care Leavers

Eligible care leavers will be given priority to apply for a room (a care-leaver is a person that has been in the care of the Local Authority, for example, living in foster care or at a children’s home within the last two years.).

Disabled Applicants

Manchester Met is committed to equality and diversity. We give special consideration to students with disabilities and we have a number of accessible rooms to accommodate your need. More information for disabled applicants

Postgraduate and Family Applicants

If you are a postgraduate student or are looking for accommodation to live with your family or partner, there are various options available. Find out more about postgraduate and family accommodation