Manchester Metropolitan University Birley Fields Campus
Welcome to Birley, the new home to our Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care.
Accommodation at Birley
At Birley, we have a team of senior students trained as residential advisors. Residential advisors live alongside undergraduates on campus to support new students though the transition from home into their accommodation and University life.
As well as encouraging active engagement in university life, Residential Advisors also have a duty to promote responsible and neighbourly behaviour and encourage students on campus to get involved in their local community. This has included supporting local foodbank collections at Asda Hulme, participating in the Birley Community Day and hosting Christmas lunch for over-50s residents.
If you would like to highlight any available community opportunities for students to get involved in, contact Adam Rothwell, our Residential Life Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to facilities
As a community campus, individuals and groups are welcome to use the facilities at Brooks Building, Birley which include:
- Birley Café serving a selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, sandwiches and cakes.
- Birley Kitchen serving hot dishes, salads and sandwiches.
- Meeting rooms and informal meeting spaces.
- Large drama and dance studio with seminar room and changing facilities, equipped to support professional drama and dance classes and practice.
- 4 large lecture theatres featuring first-class AV equipment.
- Multi-purpose hall, the largest open space in the building with retractable seating for 200 and with the flexibility to accommodate sports, events, drama, production and public events.
- The ground floor also has a teaching clinic for local health practice.
If you would like to enquire about booking space at the Brooks Building, please contact the facilities team at Birley. The best time to access facilities for community use is outside of term-time, evenings or weekends. Please note that availability of space is subject to the University’s teaching, sporting and conferencing commitments. If you are a local voluntary organisation or group space is generally available free of charge. If you are a commercial organisation, or have larger events requirements you should direct your enquiry to the conference and events team on 0161 247 1565 or email@example.com in the first instance.
The Birley Building is open to staff, students and the community during the following times (all year round, excluding Bank Holidays):
|Monday – Thursday||7:00 – 22:30|
|Friday||7:00 – 20:15|
|Saturday||8:00 – 17:30|
|Sunday||11:00 – 18:30|