Liverpool John Moores university student union
There’s more to university life than just studying
As an LJMU student you are entitled to free membership of the Liverpool Students’ Union
LiverpoolSU is the students’ union for over 21,000 LJMU students. We are a student-led organisation that exists solely to make the lives of LJMU students better. We want you to love student life.
We do this through:
- our sports, clubs, societies and events
- campaigning with and on behalf of students
- providing support, advice and information
We want our students to have the best academic and social experience Liverpool and LJMU can offer, and develop outstanding employability skills too.
There are many ways you can get involved:
- You can become a Course Rep, representing the views of fellow students on your course and helping to create positive change within the University.
- There are also around 100 sports clubs and societies ranging from football to student radio, LJMU Labour to the Snowriders and much more. Or if you can’t find anything that suits your taste, then why not start your own club or society? We offer funding and guidance to help you do just that. For more information please visit liverpoolsu.com.
Your sabbatical officers
The Liverpool Students’ Union – and in particular your elected Sabbatical Officers – has a key role in ensuring the student voice is heard and acted upon at LJMU.
Each year the students of LJMU elect four students into office to run the students’ union, LiverpoolSU, and this year the President is Yasmin Ibrahim.
To contact Yasmin or one of her team of elected officers, visit LiverpoolSU website or pop into your local Students Union hub (MiniSU) on campus.
President: Yasmin Ibrahim
Vice-President (Activities): Rachael Smart
Vice-President (community Engagement): Howisha Charlery
Vice-President (Academic Quality): Angela Cliff