Hull College Reception
Hull College Reception, Receptionists receive and direct telephone calls and visitors to commercial, government and other establishments.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. There are a variety of relevant vocational qualifications available. NVQs/SVQs in Administration are available at Level 2 that encompass various aspects of reception work. Professional qualifications are also available.
Typical Education Level:
Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 (A Level Equivalent), Level 4, Level 5, Other (Short Course / Specialist Interest), Foundation
- Receives callers and clients and directs them to the appropriate person or department.
- Records the details of enquiries and makes appointments and reservations.
- Answers, screens and forwards or otherwise deals with telephone enquiries.
- Supplies brochures, pamphlets and other information for clients.
- Records details of visitors, issues security passes and informs visitors of any actions to be taken in case of an emergency.
- Maintains reception area in good order.
Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Critical Thinking, Writing, Speaking, Learning Strategies, Active Learning, Monitoring, Mathematics
Call or contact centre occupation
Workers in this unit group receive and respond to telephone calls from potential clients and existing customers regarding the products and services offered by an organisation.
Get in touch
Call us 01482 329943
Send an email email@example.com