Hull College HR
Human resource managers and directors plan, organise and direct the personnel, training and industrial relations policies of organisations, advise on resource allocation and utilisation problems, measure the effectiveness of an organisation’s systems, methods and procedures and advise on, plan and implement procedures to improve utilisation of labour, equipment and materials.
There are no pre-set entry standards, although entry is most common with a degree or equivalent qualification. Off- and on-the-job training is provided and professional qualifications are available. NVQs/SVQs in relevant subjects are available at levels 3, 4 and 5.
Typical Education Level:
- Determines staffing needs.
- Oversees the preparation of job descriptions, drafts advertisements and interviews candidates.
- Oversees the monitoring of employee performance and career development needs.
- Provides or arranges for provision of training courses.
- Undertakes industrial relations negotiations with employees.
- Develops and administers salary, health and safety and promotion policies.
- Examines and reports on company and departmental structures, chains of command, information flows, etc. and evaluates efficiency of existing operations.
- Considers alternative work procedures to improve productivity.
- Stays abreast of relevant legislation, considers its impact on the organisation.
Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Writing, Speaking, Critical Thinking, Monitoring, Active Learning, Learning Strategies, Mathematics
Job holders in this unit group provide administrative support for the human resources (HR) operations within organisations.
No formal educational qualifications are required for entry, although most entrants will possess GCSE/S grades. Certification from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development is available, along with relevant NVQs/SVQs at various levels.
Typical Education Level:
Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 (A Level Equivalent), Level 4, Level 5, Other (Short Course / Specialist Interest), Foundation
- Supports senior HR staff in the development and implementation of HR and industrial relations policies.
- Arranges advertisements for jobs in the relevant media.
- Provides practical support for recruitment and selection procedures such as checking application forms, arranging interviews of candidates and ensuring the interview panel receive all relevant documentation.
- Provides administrative support for training courses, work placements etc.
- Implements and maintains HR records systems.
Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, Writing, Active Learning, Monitoring, Learning Strategies, Mathematics
Get in touch
Call us 01482 329943
Send an email email@example.com