Cranfield University Nursery
- Usually children will start school between the age of 4 and 5 years old. Nursery, childminders and pre-school are usually used before this time.
- In the UK the local County Council is responsible for the regulation of local schools and childcare providers.
- The school your child attends is decided by their age and the geographical area in which you are living. For this reason, it is not usually possible to apply for a school place until you are certain of where you will live.
The Family Information Service is able to advise you on child-care and registered facilities. They also maintain lists of registered child minders. For further information please visit their website.
Here is a list of Nurseries that may be of interest to you when you start your studies at Cranfield University.
Cherry Trees Workplace Nursery (operated by Childbase)
- Full or part-time places for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Ranked ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2013.
Wellies Day Nursery, North Crawley
- Full or part-time place for children aged 0 – 5 years old.
- Open 7.45 a.m. to 6.15 p.m.
- 4 miles from Cranfield campus.
To contact Wellies Day Nursey call them on:
Tel: +44 (0) 1234 391600.
Broughton Manor Nursery, Walton
- Ages: 2 months to 7 years.
- 6 miles from Cranfield campus.
To contact Broughton Manor Nursey call them on:
Tel: +44 (0) 1908 678403.
Fordfield Nursery, Fordfield Road, Millbrook, Beds
- Full-time or part-time places for children aged 6 months to 5 years.
- 8 miles from Cranfield campus.
To contact Fordfield Nursey call them on:
Tel: +44 (0) 1525 405524