Bishop Grosseteste University Widening Participation
What is Widening Participation?
- Students from lower socio-economic groups and neighbourhoods in which relatively few people enter higher education
- Students from some ethnic groups or sub-groups
- Students who have been in care
- Disabled Students
- Young Adult Carers
At Bishop Grosseteste University we run a number of projects which come under the area of Widening Participation:
- First Steps 2 Study
- Next Steps 4 Study
- Summer Schools
- Mature Learners visit days
- Bespoke presentations and workshops for all ages and abilities (please see our outreach webpage for more information)
Due to funding stipulations we sometimes have to prioritise certain students over others. This means we use WP criteria and application forms to help us make our decisions about who we invite to what events. If we are running WP events, the selection process will rarely be first come first served. For more information, please call 01522 583737 to speak to our Widening Participation Co-Ordinator directly.