Birmingham City University Societies
As a Birmingham City University student you are automatically a member of your Students’ Union and have access to the wide range of fantastic services and facilities that we offer. We are independent from the University and are run by five elected officers – a President and four Vice Presidents, supported by a team of part-time elected officers, staff and student staff. We are all here to create and promote a great student experience for you and all of our 23,000 student members and to ensure that you get the most out of your time with us!
Our latest Strategic Plan that was launched in March 2017 highlights the changes we need to make over the next 3 years in order to meet the priorities that our students most want to get out of their Birmingham City University experience, in order for them to achieve their own unique ambitions.
We exist to enhance our students’ experiences and have a positive impact on their lives.
- Relevant & Accessible
- Student Led, Student Focused & Democratic
- Innovative, Progressive & Adaptable
- Supportive, Representative &Responsive
- Friendly, Welcoming & Inclusive
Strategic Themes & Goals
- We will create a personal sense of belonging.
- We will enable students to fulfil their creative ideas.
- We will improve employability and life skills in order to enhance prospects.
Engagement & Communication
- We will develop a Communication Strategy to raise awareness and
- We will remove barriers to make it easier for students to engage with us.
- We will develop and improve a bespoke presence on each Campus.
- We will use advancements in I.T. to engage with students.
Voice & Representation
- We will establish a Data Bank of Student Opinion to inform and influence.
- We will facilitate integrated, connected, consistent student
representatives at all levels which influences positive change.
- We will support and lead relevant campaigns.
Support & Services
- We will review and prioritise relevant services.
- We will ensure all services are accessible to those students that need them.
- We will investigate the feasibility of new services.
People: HR Policies, development, leadership and partnerships.
Process: Financial planning, performance indicators, communication, governance & decision-making.
Resources: Sustainable finances, space, I.T. infrastructure.