Bangor University Scholarships
Bursaries and Scholarships
As you would expect from a university that places great emphasis on student support, Bangor is keen to offer extra help to students. Bursaries and scholarships worth over £3.4M are available for new and returning students in September 2017.
For new students in 2017, these include Merit Scholarships of up to £3,000 for those who excel in the annual Entrance Scholarships (The closing date is 15 January 2017 for 2017 entry).
The bursaries offered include Bangor bursaries of up to £1,000 a year for those from lower income families and £1,000 for students from care.
Please choose from the menu for further information on what is available and your eligibility for the various awards on offer.
- International Scholarships
- Bangor Bursaries
- Start-up Bursaries
- Welsh-medium study Bursaries
- Additional Bursaries
- Electronic Engineering Bursary
- Computer Science Bursary
- Chemistry Bursary
Things to remember…
- You could be awarded a Merit Scholarship, or any other of Bangor’s Entrance Scholarships, in addition to any bursary payment/s you are eligible for.
- To be eligible for any of the bursaries offered by Bangor you must complete the Application for Student Finance (PN1) form- this is the method used to assess eligibility for student loans, maintenance grants etc, and your eligibility for any of the bursaries will be assessed on the basis of the same form.
- Bursaries will only be available to full-time, undergraduate students who are paying the full fee of £9,000, and registered and in attendance 14 days prior to the particular bursary payment date.
- Students in receipt of other bursary payments (e.g. NHS, Health & Social Care Council) will not be eligible for the bursaries scheme.
- Bursary payments will be administered and distributed by the Student Loans Company on behalf of the University – so you must complete the Application for Student Finance (PN1) form to be able to receive a bursary payment from Bangor.
Money Support Unit, Student Services, Neuadd Rathbone, College Road, Bangor, LL57 2DG
Phone: 01248 383566
Bangor University is a Registered Charity: No. 1141565