Bangor University John Phillips Hall
Theatre within the John Phillips Hall, now home to the School of Creative Studies and Media at Bangor University. Since the closure of Theatr Gwynedd in 2008 while the city is without a purpose-built theatre it is providing performance space both for students and professionals. Further details to follow.
If you would like to comment on or add to the information on The Theatres Trust Theatres Database, then please contact us, with Database Update in the subject line.
The School of Creative Studies and Media is based in John Phillips Hall overlooking the Menai Straits. Available facilities include:
- Multi camera TV studio, with full lighting and sound equipment.
- Professionally equipped Radio studio
- Audio editing suites runnig Adobe Audition
- Digital video edit suites running Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express on Apple Macs
- Creative Writing, Journalism and New Media teaching spaces
- Cinema Space with Dolby Surround Sound
- John Phillips Hall with a large performance space with professional theatre lighting facilities for rehearsal and performance work
Professional equipment and computing facilities
- Video and Radio kits for use on location work in the field of radio and TV
- Multi Media computer room
- WIFI meeting place for students
All these facilities are available to you in addition to the University resources which you have access to as one of our students.