Anglia Ruskin University My Anglia
We are exceptional and imaginative in the advancement of knowledge and education of students. We are passionate about collaboration, innovation and transformation to enhance social, cultural and economic well-being.Our Values
- A sense of belonging. We are proud to be part of Anglia Ruskin University. We know that lifelong relationships are formed here.
- Academic ambition. We want our teaching and research to be excellent. We are determined that our students and staff will realise their full potential.
- Innovation. We are purposeful, challenging and curious about our world. We are prepared to do things differently. We are creative, entrepreneurial and bring enthusiasm to everything we do.
- Supporting each other. We are friendly and inclusive, and celebrate individuality and diversity. We support and encourage everyone, and strive hard to anticipate and meet needs and aspirations.
- Honesty and openness. We operate with integrity, trust and respect for each other and we deliver on our promises. We share ideas, information and challenges and we seek out views and opinions.
- Concern for the environment. We want our concern for a sustainable environment to inform every aspect of what we do.
Anglia Ruskin University is an innovative university that was recently named in Times Higher Education as the only university in the UK to be a ‘rising star’ – one of the institutions predicted to be challenging the global elite by 2030*. It is one of the largest universities in the East of England.
Students from 177 countries gain qualifications with Anglia Ruskin in four continents. Each year, it also help some 2,000 businesses to grow quicker and partner with organisations to deliver a spectrum of educational and commercial projects. Anglia Ruskin prides itself on being as enterprising as it is innovative and nurtures those qualities in its students.
Students, businesses and partners benefit from outstanding facilities; £100 million has been invested over the last five years and there are plans for a further £91 million of investment over the next five years. The university’s academic excellence has been recognised by the UK’s Higher Education funding bodies, with 12 areas classed as generating world-leading research across five faculties and six research institutes. It is also a lead partner in visionary initiatives, including the Anglia Ruskin MedTech Campus, which will be one of the world’s largest health innovation spaces.
Students rate Anglia Ruskin highly for teaching, personal development and assessment and feedback. 92% of students agree that lecturers are good at explaining things and 91% of students say that lecturers are enthusiastic – rating Anglia Ruskin highly for the third successive year *National Student Survey 2016. Talented students have the opportunity to benefit from the transformational experience of higher education, no matter what their background.
As an innovative university, Anglia Ruskin is keen to promote and support education, exchange knowledge, experience and skills, open up its campuses and be good neighbours. Anglia Ruskin makes a genuine difference within its community, educating the professionals who are important to each and every one of us, from nurses and midwives to social workers and surgeons. The six research institutes are dedicated to tackling pressing issues, from, conserving our precious natural resources to saving lives through pioneering surgery.
For more information about Anglia Ruskin University, visit anglia.ac.uk
*Firetail Report“Class of 2030: Which universities will rise – and how will they do it?”
Anglia Ruskin Campuses