University of Worcester Ethics Form
These pages provide access to the University’s Ethics Policy which sets out the ethical principles and procedures for ethical review and approval that all researchers at the University of Worcester, staff and student, must adhere to. It also highlights the procedures for approval that researchers wishing to work with NHS patients, staff or premises must follow. In addition they direct you to the key ethical frameworks and guidelines provided by external bodies, both general and subject-specific, of which researchers should be aware and to legislation which may be relevant to your research (as well as providing some guidance to this legislation).
You can download the University Ethics Policy (PDF) here.
If you would like further information on the Policy you can contact:
- The Chair of the Ethics and Research Governance Committee
- The Secretary of the Ethics and Research Governance Committee
- The relevant Institute Ethics Coordinator
Ethical Frameworks and Guidelines
As a researcher when you address the ethical implications of your work you should be familiar with various ethics frameworks and guidelines.
The two most significant ethics frameworks for researchers at UW are:
- ESRC Research Ethics Frameworks – this is primarily of significance to those engaged in research in the social sciences
- Department of Health Research Governance Framework for Health and Social Care – this is relevant for those engaged in research relating to the NHS
There are, however, a wide range of subject specific guidelines and codes of practice. What follows are a selection of these guidelines/codes:
- Biological Sciences
- Health & Medicine
- Natural Environment
- Social Sciences
- Sport & Exercise Science