University of Wolverhampton Graduate Jobs
University of Wolverhampton Graduate Jobs
Graduate Jobs at The Workplace
The Workplace works closely with a wide variety of employers to bring you information on the latest graduate opportunities. Vacancies are advertised on JobsBoard, our online database for University of Wolverhampton students and graduates.
We can help you with your job hunting strategies and give you that competitive edge. Our professional Employer liaison team works closely with local, regional and national companies to keep you in touch with the latest graduate openings. We can help you get your foot on the first rung of your graduate career ladder.
Access the Online Vacancy Portal (JobsBoard)
The Workplace also offers an opportunity for students and graduates to book Job search appointments. We offer a walk-in service, so feel free to visit us and speak to a member of the Employer Liaison team for more information.
The aim of these appointments is to discuss your options and match them with the available opportunities locally, regionally or nationally.
In addition to a range of full time vacancies ‘The Workplace’ manages various schemes across the West Midlands and beyond to support our students into their first job upon graduation. Graduate internships represent potentially excellent opportunities for fast career progression.
Opportunities are available within small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and large employers who are interested in the potential and talent available within the graduate labour market. An internship has the potential to offer an exciting and dynamic challenge within an environment where you can make a significant impact. Please find below more information on the schemes that we are currently supporting:
|WXP Scheme||Graduate Advantage Scheme|
|Opportunities available all across the West Midlands and beyond with small and large employers||Opportunities available all across the West Midlands region with SME’s|
|Placements can be anything between 12 weeks to 1 year||Internships last between 4-12 weeks|
|Candidates receive a tax free training allowance for the first 12 weeks.||Typical salaries anything between £14,000 – £20,000 per annum (paid pro-rata).|
University of Wolverhampton Graduate Internships
We all know that the first months of starting out at University can be a challenging time for new students. Every year the University supports its own recent graduates on an internship programme across various departments and faculties.
These paid internships last between 3-12 months and are advertised through the Jobs and Events database.
Internships are an opportunity for a recent graduate to integrate their recent University experiences with practical, supervised work experience and:
- Contributes to your personal and professional development
- Involves a supervision component that is mentoring and educational
- Includes career related experiences that complement what has been learned
- Will have a reflection and evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship
These opportunities are also advertised through our online vacancy portal – JobsBoard
There are several ways to find a graduate job. In addition to using online vacancy sites and directories, being proactive and taking a speculative approach to job hunting can also be successful. Below are some more useful websites that you might want to look at:
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) – partnership between a graduate, an organisation and a university/research institution. Graduates are recruited to manage strategic projects within the company, with support from the university and can also gain a further professional qualification.
- Enternships is a site advertising placements in start-up companies to student and graduates nationally and internationally
- Target Jobs
- Inside Careers
- Gradvert: Jobs – based in North East. Runs a Twitter networking event every Wed, 2-3pm with local vacancies – #NEGrads
- Milkround Online
- Glass Door
- Graduate Recruitment Bureau
- Real World
- Best Companies Guide
- Career Jet
- The Big Choice.com
- The Graduate
- Guardian Jobs
- TwitJobSearch – search for vacancies advertised on Twitter.
- LinkedIn Jobs and LinkedIn: Jobs for students and recent graduates
- Indeed – search using ‘graduate’ as a keyword.
- Jobsite – Graduate sector
- Adzuna – graduate jobs in the UK.
- Renego – search using ‘graduate’ as a keyword.
- Jobijoba – search for graduate vacancies.
- ResearchGate: Research Jobs – PhD and jobs listings for careers in research, science and academia.
- Jobs.ac.uk – jobs in science, research, academic and administrative employment in the UK & abroad.
- Graduate Talent Pool – internships for graduates.
- EmployAbility – internships, graduate programmes and scholarship opportunities for disabled and dyslexic students and graduates.
- Pure Jobs
- Adview Job Search
Disclaimer: These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the University of Wolverhampton of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organisation or individual. The University of Wolverhampton bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.