University of Stirling Retail Marketing
Retailing is a global and diverse industry that contributes significantly to the Singapore economy. As part of the service sector, it represents one of the most important market segments, contributing 18% to total GDP. However just as importantly, retailing is also something that we as consumers experience as part of our everyday lives. Whether we shop in a Department Store on Orchard road or a shopping mall in Jurong, for many of us, retailing is part of our daily routine. It is important therefore to understand how this dynamic and constantly changing sector operates.
In recent years, retailers have had to deal with increased levels of competition, the growth of the Internet, new forms of technology and consumers that are looking for better value together with higher quality service. As a result, retailers require professionally well-trained managers with the necessary skills to tackle and meet these challenges.
For these reasons, the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Retail Marketing course has been developed and awarded by the University of Stirling, Scotland. Offered at Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), this two-year full-time or part-time course is for qualified applicants working or intending to work in the retail industry.
All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Those with the following qualifications will be given advanced standing and are eligible to apply for direct entry into Year 3 of the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Retail Marketing.
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Business Management with Retail Management
- Diploma in Business Management with Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Business Management with CRM
- Diploma in Business (Marketing Elective)
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Apparel Design and Merchandising
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Service Management)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing Communications)
- Diploma in Mass Communications
- Diploma in Business Administration with Marketing Management Option
Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ)
- Diploma in Retail Management and
- Five GCE ‘O’ level passes or equivalent (including English Language) and
- Working experience at a senior managerial position in the retail industry and
- Evidence of other academic and/or work-based learning
- Diploma in Fashion Merchandising & Marketing
English language requirements
Students must have an acceptable level of competency in the English Language and must have one of the following in addition to an approved diploma:
- A minimum of C6 pass in English as First Language at ‘O’ Level; or
- TOEFL: Listening 21, Reading 22, Speaking 23, Writing 21 or
- IELTS six overall (with at least 5.5 in each band)
Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma, where the language of instruction was English.
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS: 6.0 with 5.5 minimum in each skill
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Grade C
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Grade C
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 54 with 51 in each component
- IBT TOEFL: 80 with no subtest less than 17
More information on our English language requirements
If you need to improve your English language skills before you enter this course, our partner INTO University of Stirling offers a range of English language courses. These intensive and flexible courses are designed to improve your English ability for entry to this degree.