University of Stirling Golf
University of Stirling Golf
Golf course prices
|Student||Mon to Fri||£2.70|
|Student||Sat and Sun||£3.50|
|Adult||Mon to Fri||£5|
|Adult weekend||Sat and Sun||£5.80|
|Child||Mon to Fri||£2.80|
|Child||Sat and Sun||£3|
Putting green prices
|Concessions and University of Stirling students||£1|
|Golf ball sale||£1.20|
Individual and group golf tuition
You can contact Tim Mitchell on 07812 983888 or email@example.com
We are officially Scotland’s University Sporting Excellence in recognition of our contribution to Scottish sport. We’re renowned for our outstanding contributions to world sport and for giving young talent opportunities to fulfil their potential.
Golf scholarships at Stirling provide a fantastic package of support including; training, competition and funding support to fit alongside your academic studies. At Stirling we bring together high performance coaches, excellent facilities, innovative sport science and performance mentoring.
Our excellent facilities include; 9 hole par three golf course on campus, short game practice areas, artificial putting green, covered driving range, state of the art strength and conditioning suites which is home to the sportscotland Institute of Sport, with 10 Olympic lifting platforms.
We are 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK for sports facilities (The International Student Barometer (ISB) 2016).
Our golf teams are amongst the best at Scottish, British and European university competitions.
The scholarship programme is supported by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, (R&A). You’ll be based on campus at the University Golf Centre, which consists of modern practice facilities and a nine-hole course.
As a golf scholars you’ll receive membership to the world-renowned Gleneagles Hotel, which boasts three celebrated golf courses, including the PGA Centenary course, the venue for the Ryder Cup 2014.
Golf scholarships offer
- Full-time high performance golf coaching from former European Tour Pro and Italian Open Champion Dean Robertson
- Part-time high performance Golf Coaching from PGA Professional and former University of Stirling Golf Scholar Bobby Rushford.
- Up to 10 hours of golf coaching per week
- Muscular-skeletal and functional movement screenings
- Strength and conditioning twice a week
- Sports Science support
- Sport Psychology support with Dr John MathersGolf Data Lab, notational analysis
- Physiotherapy clinics
- Fairmont St Andrews memberships
- Two week winter training camp in the United Arab Emirates
- Invited to compete in NCAA competitions (Yale and Harvard)
- Travel as a team to compete in amateur international competitions including: Portuguese and Slovenian Amateur Championships
- Essential clothing and equipment
- Funding to subsidise competition entry, travel and other sports-related costs
- Academic flexibility
- Opportunity to stay on campus
To be considered for a golf scholarship, you must:
- Hold – or be in the process of applying for – a place on an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course at the University of Stirling.
- Have a profile in national golf competitions at junior level or beyond.
- Have a handicap of scratch or below for men and -3 or below for women.
- Take pride in working hard to improve your game.
Aberdeen Asset Management
The University of Stirling men’s golf scholarship programme is proud to have Aberdeen Asset Management as its title sponsor. The partnership, established in 2012, provides the men’s team with vital support as the players hone their skills under the coaching of former European Tour professional Dean Robertson.
Cormac Sharvin, graduate and 2015 Walker Cup player, said: “The support from Aberdeen Asset Management is fantastic and it is great to know they are with us all the way as we compete in university, national and international competitions.”
Fairmont St Andrews
Fairmont St Andrews provide a competitive venue and excellent additional practice facilities.
The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews
Stirling have enjoyed support from the R&A since 1987. The R&A now supports golf programmes at 15 universities and awards 100 Foundations scholarship to players from all over the world.
Our provider of bespoke clothing and equipment.
Complete the ISSP Application Form before the end of February for a September start. Scholarships are offered, subject to achieving relevant academic entry requirements, before the end of June.
If you have any questions about golf scholarships please get in touch with Jason Atkins.