University of St Andrews UCAS Code
STA is the UCAS name of the University of St Andrews and our UCAS number code is S36.
Applying through UCAS
Most applicants for first-year entry to the University of St Andrews will apply to other universities as well via a single online Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) application. Students from the UK, EU and other overseas countries can all apply through the online UCAS application process.
If you wish to apply to the University via UCAS, this timeline will help you through the application process.
- Take a look at the courses available at the University of St Andrews. All courses can be found online in the course search section or the Undergraduate Prospectus.
- Check the minimum grades and any subject specific prerequisites for the course that you are interested in. For UK qualifications, these can be found on all online course pages and at the back of the Undergraduate Prospectus. All other students can find the international entry requirements on the entry requirements page.
- You should also check the Faculty entry requirements for the course you are interested in.
- If there is a choice of course between the Faculties of Arts (MA) and Science (BSc), you must decide which Faculty is for you. If you are applying for a course in one Faculty which is also offered in another Faculty, great care should be taken to cite the UCAS code numbers correctly; for example the course code for the Psychology (MA) degree differs from the Psychology (BSc) degree.
- Once you have decided which course and faculty is the most appropriate, note the UCAS course code of your chosen course. This is the four digit code which can be found under the key information for your course.
- Draft your UCAS personal statement carefully so that it reflects your choice of course. You can find more information about what we look for in an application on the how to apply page.
- Submit your UCAS application using the correct UCAS course code by the appropriate deadline. The current UCAS deadlines can be found below.