University of Sheffield Law Entry Requirements
As a top Law School, our entry requirements reflect the strong competition for places. Our standard offers for A Level and International Baccalaureate candidates are shown below.
Standard offers for 2017 entry
|Course||A Levels||International Baccalaureate||Online prospectus|
|LLB (Hons) Law||AAA||36||Other qualifications|
|LLB (Hons) Law (European & International)||AAA||36||Other qualifications|
|LLB (Hons) Law with French Law||AAB any one of which must be French||34, 6 in Higher Level French||Other qualifications|
|LLB (Hons) Law with German Law||AAB any one of which must be German||34, 6 in Higher Level German||Other qualifications|
|LLB (Hons) Law with Spanish Law||AAB any one of which must be Spanish||34, 6 in Higher Level Spanish||Other qualifications|
|LLB (Hons) Law with Chinese Law||AAB||34||Other qualifications|
|BA (Hons) Criminology||AAB||34||Other qualifications|
|LLB (Hons) Law and Criminology||AAB||34||Other qualifications|
- All A Level subjects approved by the Qualifications and Curriculum Agency are acceptable to us; however we do ask that you offer at least two A Levels in “acceptable” subjects and no more than one from our “acceptable in combination” subjects. We will accept General Studies at full A Level together with two “acceptable” A Levels. Guidance on A Level subject combinations.
- We welcome applications from people offering other types and combinations of qualifications eg certain BTEC diplomas and certificates and overseas qualifications.
- Advanced Diploma 2011 (Dip + specified A Level) A +A (for A Level AAA graded courses) or A/B + BA (for AAB or ABB graded courses).
- We will consider applicants taking Access Courses in suitable subjects (law, social sciences or humanities) on a case-by-case basis. However, as a general guideline we are likely to ask for 60 credits overall, 45 at Level 3 of which 30 at L3 Distinction and 15 at L3 Merit.
- Please note that we do not require the Law National Admissions Tests (LNAT).
- We do not accept a tariff of UCAS points made up of one or more A Levels plus AS levels.
- Applications from mature candidates are encouraged and we try to tailor our admissions procedures to meet the individual circumstances of each applicant. Information for mature students
- Previous study of Law or Criminology is not essential.
English language requirements:
- For UK students we ask for a minimum of grade C or grade 4 in GCSE English, or an equivalent qualification.
- For EU and international students we require IELTS 7.0 with at least 6 in each component, or an equivalent qualification.
- Other acceptable English language qualifications