University of Sheffield Job Shop
We offer a free, simple, fast and effective recruitment service specifically tailored for local employers offering part time and casual work.
The Student Jobshop is based in the busy Students’ Union, and is the first port of call for students looking for part time and casual work. With just one email or telephone call from you, we can advertise your opportunities and help you find suitable students to fill your vacancies.
Our students have experience in a wide range of sectors including marketing, engineering, social media, IT, translation, retail, administration, hospitality, web design, customer service (and more). They are adaptable, creative and flexible employees who can bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to your business but who are also keen to learn and to build new skills for their future.
Whatever your requirements, with over 25,000 students studying here at the University of Sheffield, there’s sure to be one to meet your needs.
What do we offer?
We offer a FREE, simple, fast and effective recruitment service specifically tailored for local employers, whether your vacancy is for a few hours, a few days, a couple of weeks or longer term – some students stay with their employer throughout their time in Sheffield!
So, if you’ve got a vacancy to fill, our dedicated and experienced team will:
- Advise on writing your job description to ensure you target the best students to fill your vacancy
- Advise on pay rates- we ensure you are offering a competitive rate for the type of work you offer
- Promote your vacancies- we will ensure that your vacancies are entered on to our vacancy service and publicised in the Jobshop window, distributed to departments and included on our social media, as appropriate
- Advise on employing international students who can bring a global perspective to your business and an insight into life and work across the world
- Streamline your recruitment by collecting and forwarding applications on your behalf if required
- Provide a room for interviews or a stand on campus to promote your vacancies (discounted charges apply)
- Contact you when your vacancy expires for feedback on how to improve our service
- Help you to make contacts with staff in University departments if required
- Advise on alternative student employment initiatives eg internship schemes, placements etc
- Ensure you stay up to date with our latest news and views via our online newsletters and social media groups
All our employers are also eligible to take part in:
Why not nominate your student workers for this prestigious national award in recognition of the contribution they make to your business? Look out for details in February/March and don’t forget, they can nominate you too! You could be Student Employer of the Year- a great way to raise your profile on campus. Hear what other employers say about SEOTY.
Ready to submit your vacancy?
Feel free to give us a call or drop us an email – our opening hours are Monday-Friday 9.00 – 5.00 pm, and Tuesday 11.00 – 5.00 pm. We’re always happy to meet up – either call into the Jobshop in the Students’ Union or we can arrange for a member of the team to visit you.
Tel: 0114 222 0940