University of Sheffield Binding
|All theses are A4 size with the outside cover printed in gold foil and available in four different styles: reference T1, T2, T3 and T4. The cover styles are available for softback and hardback binding and all have black card inside, front and back. The maximum thickness of a bound volume is 32mm (subject to sight) so if your thesis is thicker it will need to be split into two or more volumes.
- Details of the thesis are gold foiled onto the spine of the document.
- For an additional cost the front cover can also be personalised.
- A plastic pocket for maps, CDs, etc can be fixed onto the inside back cover of the thesis.
- A rebinding service is available for soft binding.
A requirement is that you bring the original thesis to Print and Design Solutions, the spine will be removed leaving the thesis unbound for you to remove old pages and insert new ones.
- Turnaround is two to five working days. We do provide a 24-hour turnaround using the express service, when available.
- Details of the thesis are gold foiled onto the front cover. Spine printing is not available for hardback binding.
- A plastic pocket for maps, CDs, etc can be fixed onto the thesis inside back cover.
- A rebinding service is not available for hardback binding.
- Turnaround is two to three working days. An express service is not available for hard binding.
Submission and Collection
- Thesis can be submitted through myPrint, our online print submission service or dropped off at Print and Design Solutions reception desk.
- Theses can be collected from the Print and Design Solutions reception desk, posted to your specified destination or delivered to a designated campus drop off point.
- Prior to submission please make sure that the thesis is collated in the correct order; pages are bound strictly in the order that they are presented.
- Only A4 sized pages are accepted.
- For information on how to present higher degree theses see the Guidebook for Research Students and Supervisorspublished by Research and Innovation Services.
- Normal turnaround is two to five working days (Please check availability).
- Express Service (Please check availability).
- At busy periods and during staff holidays/absences the normal turnaround may be extended and the express service made unavailable.
- Print and Design Solutions reserves the right to refuse to bind any copied material that has not been acquired legally under the terms of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, or any current licensing agreements of the University.
- Please contact reception regarding postage and an estimate will be provided.
- A surcharge of 50% is added to all prices for non-members of the University and for binding of work not prepared as part of a course of study at The University of Sheffield.
- Any queries please contact reception on 0114 222 1220 or email email@example.com