University of Portsmouth MBA
The Executive MBA is a globally recognised business management degree. Designed for working professionals, this part-time Masters in Business Administration will develop your leadership and management skills to fulfil your career ambitions.
The Portsmouth MBA creates opportunities for you to develop your capabilities as a leader and manager, inspires confidence to improve your performance and can transform your future by developing the skills to progress your career.
Find out more about this course, see our facilities and meet with members of the MBA admissions team by attending one of our regular open evenings where you can meet teaching staff and current students.
What will I experience?
- Integrated management subjects – links theory and research to management practice
- Executive coaching (optional) – supports your professional development and career progression
- Consultancy project – delivers practical value for your own organisation or another
- Individual strategy project – hones your analytical and research skills on a topic of your choice
- Business simulation project – challenges your assumptions and encourages new insights
- Leadership Development Residential – raises awareness of your leadership strengths and opportunities
- Guest lectures and business visits – learn from industry experts while expanding your network
What opportunities might it lead to?
The MBA programme is a transformational journey. Some MBA graduates accelerate their careers by progressing to more senior levels of leadership. Others use the MBA to prepare for their next career change, such as exploring the potential of entrepreneurship to set up their own business.
- 2 years part time. Start: September or January.
- 2017 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- A second-class honours degree (or equivalent, including professional qualifications), not necessarily in a business related subject, plus at least two years of postgraduate work experience at a professional or managerial level. Applicants without formal qualifications, but with at least 5 years of management experience are welcome to apply. Applicants may be required to submit a work portfolio. All applicants are subject to interview.English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
- UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man/International students
September 2017 entry: £14,900 with £7,450 being charged in year 1 and year 2.