University of Portsmouth Marketing
Our course is designed to update your knowledge and enhance your understanding of the principles and theories underlying effective marketing practice and provide you with leading edge contemporary marketing skills. You will explore this dynamic and challenging field to an advanced level.
What will I experience?
On this course you can:
- Benefit from advice and interaction with our many professional visiting speakers
- Apply live case studies to your coursework through the wide links we have with companies and organisations
- Work in teams on the Market2win simulation software gaining invaluable experience of strategic marketing decision-making
What opportunities might it lead to?
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. The University of Portsmouth has joined forces with CIM to give students the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through CIM Graduate Gateway. Those graduating with a mark of 50% or more will be exempted from the Strategic Marketing module in the CIM Level 6 Professional Diploma in Marketing for a period of three year following graduation. CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and map alongside our own degrees which ensures you have best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
This course aims to enhance your career prospects and prepare you for roles in marketing and marketing-related functions.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
- business development
- direct marketing
- marketing research
- digital marketing
- marketing communications
- 1 year full time
- 2017 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- A second-class honours degree, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications, such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma in Marketing.English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
- UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
2017/18 entry: full time: £6,400