University of the Highlands and Islands Scotland
The University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) is the only university based in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Our campus is very different from most university campuses; we offer you the choice of studying at one of our 13 colleges and research centres, over 50 local learning centres, or online from wherever you are.
Our colleges and research centres are spread right across the Highlands and Islands – from small towns and island communities to the larger towns and busy cities of the region.
At UHI you’ll find a course and a campus to suit you; be part of a student community of more than 8000 and have the chance to make friends with students at your own campus and other UHI campuses, thanks to the technology we use to teach students in multiple locations at the same time.
Choose from more than 30 degrees and over 70 higher national awards. Many of our courses take full advantage of the region’s natural assets, including the landscape, culture, heritage, history and renewable resources.
With UHI you will have:
- A more personal experience, thanks to our smaller class sizes
- Safe and friendly communities in which to live, study and make the most of your talents
- Access to traditional and electronic learning resources of the highest quality
- The opportunity to stand out from the crowd and do something really different!
Key facts & figures
- The Highlands and Islands of Scotland are one of the most beautiful regions in Europe, so you will be able to study and live in an unspoilt, natural environment
- The University has expertise in a number of research areas, and in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) elements of UHI research in Celtic studies, archaeology and earth systems science were recognised as ‘world-leading’
- The University has expertise in some very specialised subjects, including: marine science, renewable energy, archaeology, sustainable development, oral health, adventure tourism, Gaelic and many more.
- Is the UK leader in using video conferencing technologies for education
- Includes nearly 50 undergraduate and 21 postgraduate degree courses with flexible ways of studying