University of the Highlands and Islands Human Resources
Human Resource Management MSc
HR professionals play a crucial role in the development of organisations, and this recognised award is designed to help current and future HR practitioners prepare for the challenges and opportunities in today’s rapidly changing business environment.
Whether you are a graduate looking to gain employment in this specialist field or already in work and needing to develop your skills and abilities, the part-time, CIPD accredited MSc in Human Resource Management is ideal for you.
The course will equip you with the skills to make an immediate and effective contribution to the HR function by helping to attract, retain and develop the employees needed for organisational success.
- Flexible delivery means that you can study this course part time, taking either one or two modules per semester; attending online workshops and tutorials, through the university’s virtual learning environment.
- On successful completion, you will be eligible to seek Associate membership of the CIPD, the professional body for HR specialists.*
- If you are working in human resources or learning and development at a managerial or strategic level you can apply to upgrade from Associate Member to Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow.*
- You will undertake a major piece of advanced independent work within the area of HR at a strategic level, as well as a placement for those not already working within the HR profession.
- You can choose to study individual modules for continuing professional development or work towards the PgCert, PgDip, or full Masters degree
- A face-to-face induction is held in early September and mid-January each year (depending on your start date) which you are advised to attend.
Students are required to join the CIPD as student mebers if they wish to receive Assoc or Chartered Membership on completing the award. The current cost of this is £90 per annum. Please note that joining the CIPD does provide you with access to a wealth of guides, information and advice related to HR.