University of the Arts Journalism
BA (Hons) Journalism
About this course
Put your skills into practice in London College of Communication’s multi-platform media centre and newsroom, working on the College magazine Artefact and its website.
Led by tutors with extensive industry experience, you will develop your understanding of the value and purpose of journalism by studying relevant areas of contemporary academic theory.
In common with all courses at the University of the Arts London, this course is credit rated. The course is 3 years, levels 4-6. Each year requires you to achieve 120 credit points. To be awarded the BA (Hons) Journalism qualification, you need to accumulate a total of 360 credits.
- Introduction to Journalism (20 credits)
- Editorial Practice 1: Core Skills and Techniques (40 credits)
- Journalism and Society 1 (40 credits)
- Editorial Practice 2: Multimedia Journalism (20 credits)
- Collaborative Project (20 credits)
- Industry Placement (20 credits)
- Multimedia Feature Writing (20 credits)
- Creative Storytelling (20 credits)
- Journalism, Representation and Popular Culture (20 credits)
- Social Media and Data Journalism (20 credits)
- Final Major Project (60 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
The information outlined is an indicative structure of the course. Whilst we will aim to deliver the course as described on this page, there may be situations where it is desirable or necessary for the University to make changes in course provision, for example, because of regulatory requirements or operational efficiencies, before or after enrolment. If this occurs, we will communicate all major changes to all applicants and students who have either applied or enrolled on the course.
Please note that due to staff research agreements or availability, not all of the optional modules listed may be available every year.
In addition, the provision of course options which depend upon the availability of specialist teaching, or on a placement at another institution, cannot be guaranteed. Please check this element of the course with the course team before making a decision to apply.