University of London Mountaineering Club
When and Where We Meet
- Mile End Climbing Wall Every Tuesday 18:30-21:30. Look out for us in our ULMC t-shirts or ask a member of staff to point us out. We go to the Victoria, 110 Grove Road, Mile End afterwards for a pint.
Sign up to our mailing list here: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ulmc-mailing-list-2017-2018
Keep an eye out on the mailing list or Facebook for our other events:
- Regular socials: Slacklining, Fairlop Boulders, meals out, pub crawls, Thorpe Park, picnics in the park- there’s something for everyone!
- Day walks and climbs in various locations, just a short train journey out of London.
- Weekend trips outside of London roughly once a month. This includes trad climbing, sport climbing, bouldering and/or hiking.
You must be a member to come on trips. Cost is ~£40-50 which covers food, accommodation and transport for the weekend – BARGAIN! We also hire a guide for the fresher’s trips – so a great opportunity if you want to try outdoor climbing for the first time. We just ask that if you want to climb on a trip you must meet us at Mile End BEFOREHAND so we can go through the basics 🙂
- We participate in the London University Bouldering Competition (LUBE).
- Easter trip to a warm European destination for sport climbing.
- Summer trips such as Bouldering in Fountainbleu, where we camp in France and climb for a week.
- Summer trips to the Alps for mountaineering with ULGMC, the affiliated graduate chapter of our club.
- Winter trip to Scotland – we hire a guide and stay for a week to do some winter walking and mountaineering.
What you get when you join and pay membership:
- Access to go on all of our trips, socials and any other events, use of our equipment and club huts at discounted rates!
- BMC insurance (great value for money)
- Discounted day walk train tickets
Joining a Student Central club and society is the same for all clubs and societies:
- Contact your society
- Register at Student Central and get a Student Central Card
- Turn up to one of our Mile End sessions or socials (join mailing list or see Facebook for details)
- Add the relevant membership option to basket (right hand side of the screen)