University of London Financial Department
The Finance Department has responsibility for managing the financial activity of the College, including staff payroll and superannuation, research grants and contracts, student fees and more.
We hope that you will find this website useful in advising you of the services that we provide and who to contact if you have a query.
If you are not able to find what you are looking for, we recommend that you use our helpful A-Z index to the left-hand side of this page.
If you are a new member of staff we have created a page with useful links of various information within the Finance Department’s web site..
Our counter opening hours
We are based in Malet Street and Egmont House, 25-31 Tavistock Place and our counter opening hours are as follows:
- For the collection of petty cash or the paying in of cash or cheques, please come to Income counter, Room G14, Malet Street between the hours of:
- 10:00-12:00 and 14:30-16:30
- Telephone No. for enquires 020 7631 6634/0605
- For payroll, pension and payment enquiries, please come to Egmont House, 1st Floor between the hours of :
- 10:00-13:00 and 14:30-17:00
- Telephone No. for Payment enquires 020 7380 3140
- Telephone No. for Payroll enquires 020 7380 3136
• For tuition fees enquiries, please go to the Student Centre helpdesk which is open
Monday to Thursday: 11:00am to 7:00pm
Friday: 11:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday: 12:00 noon to 5:00pm
Out of term opening hours:
Monday to Thursday: 11:00am to 6:00pm
Friday 11.00am to 5:00pm
Saturday 12:00 noon to 5:00pm
Ask a question or telephone: 020 7631 6316 Monday to Thursday 11am – 6pm, Friday 11am – 5pm
Should students need to contact the student centre outside of these hours you can do so via the webform at www.bbk.ac.uk/ask
Please address external mail for the Finance Department to Birkbeck, University of London, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HX.
For internal mail please address to the Finance Department, Egmont House except mail for the Income Section, please address this to the Income Section, Malet Street.
Departmental Office 020 7380 3145. Fax Number 020 7380 3221.