University of Huddersfield Top Up Degree
Business Administration and Management (Top-up) BA(Hons)
This top-up course will give you the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of management. It is a fast track course that builds on the functional areas of business, focusing in particular on management and leadership, in both a theoretical and applied context approach. It has been developed in close association with employers and professional bodies. We work closely with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and you’ll have the opportunity to achieve a CMI Level 6 Certificate in Management and Leadership through no additional study or assessment.
On this course you’ll explore aspects of management and leadership at introductory and intermediate levels. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your administrative skills alongside your understanding of organisational change and, as the course evolves, you’ll be encouraged to develop an area of special interest through your choice of option modules.
- Management Work and Society in Context
- Leadership: Process and Organisations in Context
- Managing Organisational Design and Change
- Option modules: Choose one from a list which may include:
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Environmental Policy
- Digital And Social Media Marketing
- People Resourcing
- The Psychology of Work & Organisations
Previous graduates from this subject area have gone on to roles such as Digital Marketing & Media Assistant, Front Line Manager, HR Recruiter, Customer Service Associate, Account Executive and Operations Manager in organisations including Yorkshire Air Ambulance, Morrisons, ASSIST Sheffield, HSBS, Softcat Limited, Deltec International Courier Ltd and Hoardtek.
• Higher National Diploma or equivalent (eg two year advanced diploma level or comparable qualifications).
• Foundation degree or 120 ECTS.