University of Exeter Research
As a Russell Group University our research makes a difference across the world. We are leaders in cutting-edge science, engineering, mathematics, and medicine research, and have a world-class reputation in the humanities and social sciences.
We are constantly seeking new ways to engage with government, industry, and the community in order to build productive, sustainable partnerships and tackle some of the fundamental issues facing humankind.
In the Research Excellence Framework 2014 98 per cent of our research was rated as of international quality. This resulted in the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) awarding us an extra £3.8million for research, the third highest gain amongst English universities.
Key research areas
We believe the future of research lies in breaking down traditional barriers between academic disciplines so the bigger problems of the 21st century can be considered from human as well as physical perspectives. We have a number of interdisciplinary research themes, which fit closely with international research priorities.
University of Exeter Research Services
Research Services is the hub of all research activities at the University of Exeter.
We provide central support for numerous activities including:
- The management and growth of the University of Exeter’s research income.
- Research policy, and the
- Research Excellence Framework.
You can contact research Services for help whether you are:
- A researcher looking for assistance with a grant application.
- Or just interested in research activity at the University.
- Deliver professional advice and project management services to support our academic Colleges and project partners.
- Provide services to support research monitoring and benchmarking.
- Manage the University’s communications, relationships, events and networks for research.
We are experts in:
- Coordinating complex collaborative research initiatives.
- Developing research contracts with industry, EU and government.
We are valued by our colleagues and partners because:
- We identify opportunities and deliver robust solutions.
- We manage projects professionally to improve chances of success and growth.
- We are well connected and widely informed.
- We own our clients’ concerns and aspirations.