University of Derby Midwifery
University of Derby Midwifery, Nursing and midwifery education
The School of Health Sciences is part of the University of Nottingham and is based at Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Here in Derby we pride ourselves on our close working partnerships between our hospitals and education establishments.
Students obtain practical experience at both the London Road Community Hospital and the Royal Derby Hospital.
Currently based at the London Road Community Hospital, in 2011-12 the Derby School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy will be moving to a purpose built site within the new Royal Derby Hospital. The new centre is planned to be close to the hospital and the University’s Derby Graduate Entry Medical School. This is a unique opportunity to promote inter-professional learning with the medical school.
Training and education doesn’t end when you qualify. At Derby Hospitals we have an extensive programme of education and training provided by our Continuing Professional Development Department. We provide opportunities for nurses, midwives, allied health care professionals, assistant practitioners and health care assistants to learn, develop and deliver safe and effective care.
- Urology nurses put best feet forward for Jeff Stelling’s March for Men
- Derby Teaching Hospitals named as one of UK’s top Trusts
- Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Cyber Attack Statement
- May newsletter about Derby and Burton Hospitals collaboration
- May 2017 – Update on Burton Derby Collaboration