University Of Bristol Open Access
Open Access is free, unrestricted online access to research outputs. It is a requirement of publication for many funders and for the Research Excellence Framework (REF) submissions. Find out more about Open Access, REF and funder requirements, funding and payment details.
- Open access for the REFWhat you need to do to make your research outputs REF compliant; what the library will do.
- Deposit your publicationDeposit your research outputs in Pure; deposit your publication in a discipline-specific repository.
- Open access fundingFind out if you are eligible for funding to cover open access publication costs; make a funding claim.
- Funder requirementsRCUK open access requirements; COAF open access requirements; other funder requirements.
- Check your journalCheck whether a journal meets your funders’ open access requirements.
- Publisher deals and paymentsCheck the correct payment method for your funder and publisher; check whether any discounts are available.
- Understanding open accessFind out more about open access and the ‘Green’ and ‘Gold’ routes.
- Open access policyThe University’s institutional policy to support the transition towards open access to research; HEFCE’s open access policy.