University of Birmingham Outreach
Welcome to our Outreach Page
We are committed to promoting Civil Engineering as an innovative way to explore applied Mathematics and Physics.
We aim to increase students’ knowledge of Civil Engineering, and their understanding of how the skills they are developing at school or at college are preparing them for a life in Civil Engineering.
We value our contacts with teachers and students in schools and colleges and are continually developing links, activities and resources which we hope will enrich the school curriculum and support the promotion of Civil Engineering in education.
We organise activities for students and teachers visiting the University and also take activities out into schools and colleges. At a variety of levels, we aim to provide an insight into current research, explain degree and career options and generally enthuse the next generation to become Civil Engineers!
If you would like more information or would like to chat about involving you or your students in any events, please don’t hesitate to contact us on the email address below.
We look forward to making links with you and your school or college.
- Visits out to schools & colleges – including specialist expert talks: In order to enthuse and inspire the next generation of Civil Engineers the School has now taken delivery of its very own (flat packed) cable stayed bridge. The bridge received its first outing at a School open day and generated significant interest. Secondary and primary school visits are already the planned for next year.
- Masterclasses: The University of Birmingham Wednesday Masterclasses are designed to stimulate enquiry and broaden knowledge of the subject area covered.
The University run over 50 sessions per year; some relate closely to the school curriculum; others are broader and introduce new topics found in higher education study. It will give your students the opportunity to take part in a learning experience within a higher education setting.
- Please note that whilst there is no charge for masterclass places, terms and conditions do apply – please refer to the online brochure for full terms and conditions. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teacher conferences & Seminars
- Work experience and school visits to the department
Send us an email at email@example.com or contact us by phone on 0121 414 5043